India Online Casinos 2020
With about 1.34 billion people on board, India is the country where the demand for quality online casino India battles with the ambiguity of Indian gambling laws and is satisfied predominantly by international gambling companies. Whether this is good or bad, we don’t know, but what we do know is that thousands, if not millions of gamblers are searching for a guide on safe & profitable gambling from India. And we have one! Not only have we united all the best gambling websites in one place but also prepared priceless recommendations on how to deal with Indian internet casinos and betting hubs to get the most out of it. From now on, you can always refer to this article to learn or remind yourself about the course of action that you should follow when selecting and playing at top Indian casinos. Below you will find:
- Indian casino rankings based on players’ reviews and 10 key criteria.
- Explanation of legal intricacies of Indian gambling laws.
- Answers to the most burning gambling-related questions.
And if you need none of the above, feel free to navigate directly to our list of all online casinos from India and pick the best one. And…May the Indian gods bring you luck.
Top Recommended Online Casinos for India Players
|13||C$200 + 100 FS||Baocasino||1821+|
|14||$1500+100 FS||Lucky Days||1250+|
|17||C$200+100 FS||Mr Play||450+|
How We Rate & Review India Online Gambling Sites?
Not only the top 10 India online casinos but each and every online casino for India players on our website has undergone a thorough, comprehensive analysis. We have taken into account India online casino reviews by experts and gambling fans along with no less than 10 key factors: online India casinos’ licenses and legal aspects, game range, software providers, availability of jackpot games and progressive jackpots, mobile compatibility, bonuses & perks, convenience and range of payment methods, safety & security level, responsiveness of customer support, and finally, treatment of VIP clients. The detailed explanation of the mentioned criteria for selecting top India online casinos is given below.
- License. Speaking of legal aspects of gambling in India, it’s worth noting that online casinos in India are banned altogether except for three states – Goa, Sikkim, and Daman. Nevertheless, according to the Indian laws, separate states are empowered to frame the local laws on gambling at India online casinos the way they want. However, the prohibition does not affect players and therefore Indians are absolutely free to gamble at best India online casinos licensed at offshore gambling jurisdictions such as, for example, Estonia, Belize, and Alderney. Again: gambling on best online betting sites in India is absolutely safe for players while punishments may apply to non-compliant gambling operators.
- Casino Games Variety. Once you visit India online gambling sites you will immediately understand that most of them employ all the existing range of slots and games. Classic single-reel/3-reel/5-reel slots, video slots and 3D slots, blackjack, roulette, pontoon, baccarat, scratch games, live casino dealers online, and even craps – every imaginable game of chance is within reach at a top-notch India casino online. Moreover, best online gambling sites in India constantly update their game lines so that you won’t wait long until the newest table game or slot appears in your favorite online casino in India.
- Reliable Casino Software. Depending on the type of casino India online, it may focus on one or several software developers or employ the full range of brands. On our website, you can find India online casinos that provide each and every existing software manufacturer, including NetEnt, Microgaming, iSoftBet, Quickspin, Yggdrasil, Realtime Gaming, and others.
- Jackpots. It’s not that hard to find an India casino online with Jackpots and Progressive Jackpots. In the latter case, a few India gambling sites are connected to a single Jackpot system and the pot rises proportionally to the amount of money spent on the progressive slot or game.
- Mobile Compatibility. When you start searching for an online casino India might seem not the best option for the low technical level of the country. However, India casinos online were completely engulfed by the recent smartphone boom and thereby almost all top India casinos are mobile-compatible with very few exceptions. In almost any Indian casino smartphone is your best friend.
- Casino Bonuses. Whether you are going to play at a no deposit free bonus casino or gamble online with real money, a whopping diversity of bonuses will give you chills! Welcome bonuses, match bonuses, reload bonuses, cashback, daily promotions, tournaments, etc. – the only thing left is to pick the best casino in India that would utilize the mentioned perks.
- Convenient Payment Options. Once you make sure you violate no online casino India legal aspects, we would recommend you to skim through the available payment methods and estimate whether the casino online India provides the one you need. All in all, you can find all imaginable payment options in Indian casinos.
- Security Issues. All the represented casinos are safe & secure and many of them are licensed by reputable commissions and organizations. For example, ‘Provably Fair’ casinos allow you to verify the results of spins/rounds after the end of the gambling session.
- Customer Support. The quality of customer support is crucial when it comes to solving gambling-related issues. We would recommend you to choose casinos with live chats so that you could consult with the customer support immediately and on the go.
- VIP Programs. Almost any India players casino runs a multi-level VIP program to reward VIP casino players for their loyalty and contribution. VIP programs suit high-rollers since rewards are usually proportional to the amount of money spent on gambling.
Banking Options for India Players
The industry of mobile payments is rapidly developing in India, and so do online casinos, pleasing customers with diverse banking options. Credit/debit cards, online banking payments, and e-wallets are equally popular in India. Let’s break it down.
- PayTM. PayTM is a well-known Indian digital wallet with a full range of services, including mobile payments, utility bills, metro payments, postpaid payments, and more. PayTM App is available at the App Store and Google Play. Once you install it, you are ready to deposit to Indian casinos via bank account (no fees), PayTM Cash (no fees), Visa & MasterCard debit cards (1.25%), Visa & MasterCard credit cards (1.75%), or American Express cards (3%). Also, there are some transaction limits to take into account: the number of payments per day/week/month is limited to 10/15/20; the total amount of credit/debit card payments per day/week/month is limited to $3000/$5000/$7000; the total amount of bank account/PayTM cash payments per day/week/month is limited to $5000/$15000/$2000.
- Google Pay. Even though Google Pay was quite reluctant to enter the Indian market, it easily surpassed PhonePe, the former most popular Indian local payment system. Used by millions of Indian gamers and gamblers, Google Pay is a mobile wallet that works with other e-wallets and credit/debit cards. To complete your Google Pay casino deposit, you have to a) download and install the app from the Google Play Store and add your debit/credit card/e-wallet to your Google Play or Google Pay accounts; b) navigate to the Cashier page on the casino website, pick Google Pay among the list of payment options, enter the transaction details, and confirm the payment with a security code or Touch ID.
- Amazon Pay. For a long time, Amazon Pay was an internal Amazon wallet, but since 2017 it became available for online purchases in India and payments to Indian casinos. Amazon Pay works in a similar way to Google Pay except for it can be used anywhere – on PC, iPhone, Android phone – whereas Google Pay is limited to Android phones and platforms. Amazon Pay can boast of cashback, discounts, and other perks, but the best thing about it is that you can pay & play on the go from anywhere and anytime you want.
The mentioned digital and mobile wallets are only a drop in the ocean of all the variety of digital payment gateways available to Indian punters, but they were chosen by us for their high reputation and widespread use.
Debit and Prepaid Options
- VISA. Finding a casino that accepts VISA is much easier than missing it. Indeed in almost any Indian casino VISA allows depositing and withdrawing to debit and credit cards. With millions of cards issued in 200+ countries and used in dozens of thousands of financial institutions, VISA is the safest and the most reliable choice along with MasterCard. Depositing with VISA is simple and requires no more than knowing your card info (card number, issuance date, CVV).
- MasterCard. VISA’s biggest competitor, MasterCard provides a very similar range of services and charges similar fees depending on your location and card type. MasterCard employs ID theft protection and zero fraud liability, both features protecting you against illegal actions by third-parties. Casinos that accept MasterCard debit and credit cards are widespread all over the world so it’s never a problem to find one.
- Maestro. Running by MasterCard, Maestro debit card (learn more about Indian debit cards) offers the same services except for it may be available in the territories and in casinos that do not accept MasterCard. Maestro is especially popular in Austria, Netherlands, and Germany, but you can meet a lot of online casinos accepting Maestro in India and countries accepting Indian players. Note that Maestro does not issue credit cards.
- Prepaid cards. Prepaid cards as online casinos deposit are excellent for players willing to load their accounts with low to moderate amounts of money while keeping it private. Prepaid and gift cards are issued as by global payment systems like VISA and MasterCard and less known companies focused on prepaid cards in the first place (Paysafecard, Entropay, Astropay, etc.). Prepaid cards are usually limited to a few hundred dollars and may impose higher fees than alternatives.
Online Gambling Laws in India
In general, gambling online in India is prohibited, which dramatically reduces the variety of choices for those willing to stay on the legal side of the fence and play legit online gambling sites in India. However, certain loopholes do exist in the Indian gambling legislation and you can take advantage of it. But first, let’s review Indian gambling from a legal standpoint.
The Constitution of India empowers the Indian States to regulate and oversee gambling, which actually means that a) as a player, you should comply with the laws & regulations of the State you are gambling from; b) different States have different laws – some states allow gambling, some develop their own gambling laws, some continue to abide by the Public Gambling Act 1867, an old list of provisions that have nothing to do with Internet gambling in India. There are following exceptions to the general ban on gambling :
- Sikkim allows casinos and sports betting via intranet and in compliance with the Sikkim Online Gambling Regulation Rules 2009 and the Sikkim Act.
- Nagaland allows online games of skill in compliance with local ‘Nagaland Rules.’
- Goa, Daman, and Diu allows gambling games in 5-star hotels under local rules.
The mentioned loopholes give you no room for action when it comes to legal online gambling in India, but only before you learn the following trick: all the prohibitive provisions and regulations are applied to casino owners, distributors, and providers while no punishment or ban has ever been imposed on online gamblers. Be you a local gambler or a tourist temporarily residing in the country, you have all the freedom to access best India gambling sites regardless of the legal status of the latter. The Indian government does not apply any measures to local gamblers, so the question ‘is gambling legal in India?’ should be reformulated to ‘How can I pick a trustworthy Indian casino?’ Well, you already know the answer: navigate to the list of Indian casinos on our website and pick the best one according to the criteria given in this guide. As you can see, in India internet gambling is possible and in a safe & secure way as long as you stay with a high-profile casino, no matter offshore or domestic, online or offline.
India Casinos FAQ
- 💠 Is online gambling legal in India?
- Laws and regulations on gambling in India are granted to the Indian States. Online gambling is forbidden in most states, though Goa, Daman, and Diu, Sikkim, and Nagaland have their own rules to follow (details available up the guide). However, even though online gambling is mostly banned and authorities may apply an ambiguous policy to some types of gambling (see this case), there are no laws and regulations to punish Indian gamblers, which is why playing your top best online casino from India is safe and riskless.
- 💠 What Indian deposit methods should I use?
- You are free to use any of the depositing methods available in your casino, but make sure to take into account the following factors: depositing speed, fees, safety, privacy, limits, and bonuses. There’s no way to name the best payment method since it all depends on the peculiarities of the jurisdiction you are playing from, as well as the casino itself and the payment provider. The most popular deposit methods in India are VISA and MasterCard credit/debit cards and PayTM e-wallet followed by Google Pay, Amazon Pay, prepaid cards, and other gateways.
- 💠 Do I have to download casino software?
- Some casinos offer you to download software, though usually, it is not necessary. Indian casinos are all no-download casinos that you can play right on the website from your PC or mobile. No-download casinos provide the same security, speed, and visual appeal.
- 💠 Are there safe Indian mobile casinos?
- Mobile casinos are as safe as PC casinos. We cannot guarantee safety at every mobile casino, but you can be rest assured that all the casinos on our website are safe and reliable.
- 💠 Can I play with Indian Rupee (INR)?
- Sure, INR is the main currency in Indian casinos along with USD and EUR. Even though most Indian casinos hold offshore licenses, they gladly accept IRN as an online casino deposit and provide plenty of depositing and withdrawal options with INR.
- 💠 What is the gambling age in India?
- According to the latest amendments adopted in 2015 by the Home Department of India, the gambling age was raised from 18 to 21 for offline casinos. Also, players were obliged to identify themselves to be allowed to play. As for online gambling, the minimum age is not established since online gambling is officially forbidden.