GEL – Georgian Lari Casinos 2020
All domestic and international gambling businesses are free to provide their services in a GEL casino if they are licensed by the Revenue Service of Georgia and have a brick and mortar casino operating in the country. The mild gaming climate in Georgia attracts many European and CIS gamers, as not only the best Georgian casinos accept GEL, but they also guarantee punters safety and reliability.
Whether you are willing to play with Georgian lari or looking for a multi-currency betting hub that accepts all kinds of payments, you can facilitate the depositing and withdrawal process by referring to our top-list of Georgian casinos. Make no mistake, we have manually checked each and every site for compliance with the Georgian legislation and other important criteria. Play at the top-notch Georgian online casinos with fast deposits, lots of bonuses, and lucrative rewards. Waste no more time, as you’ve just found what you’ve been looking for!
Best Online Casinos with GEL – Georgian Lari
|1||$1500 + 300 FS||Sloty||1600+|
|3||C$222 + 22 FS||Yako Casino||800+|
|5||$1500 + 300 FS||Casino Gods||1377+|
How to Gamble with Georgian Lari?
Known as one of the most gambling-friendly European countries, Georgia allows all kinds of gaming institutions, both offline and online. Gambling facilities enjoy wide popularity among tourists for a reason: the Revenue Service of Georgia licensed 247 gambling operators. Georgians bet more and more in casinos: the figure soared sixfold from 996 million GEL in 2012 to 6 billion GEL in 2017, while gambling accounted for 8.4% of the total business revenue of 70 million GEL. In 2018 the amount of taxes paid by brick and mortar slot machines was 6 times greater than that by Georgian lari online casinos: 75 million GEL against 13.2 million GEL respectively.
However, to open a gambling business, one has to pass a complex registration process and pay taxes. Moreover, providing gambling online with Georgian lari is only possible for businesses that have licensed offline casinos. All online casinos that accept Georgian lari have the land-based analog licensed by the Georgian Revenue Service, whereas any unlicensed Georgian lari online gambling site is considered illegal. The licensing process is the same for domestic Georgian lari casinos and their international counterparts. Browse our top-list of casinos to choose the finest casino that accepts GEL and get the smoothest gambling experience in the real-money or free mode.
What are the Payment Methods for GEL Casino Deposits?
Payments in Georgia are regulated by the Law of Georgia on Payment System and Payment services and carried out in lari, the national currency with 6.9% annual inflation. There are a plethora of ways to gamble with GEL in Georgian lari casinos; other popular currencies, including EUR and USD, are supported as well. The most popular payment method in Georgia is by debit and credit cards. According to the research by U.S. Embassies abroad, 6.7 million debit cards and 0.7 million credit cards were issued to the Georgians, which means an average citizen uses more than one credit/debit card.
Not only card penetration but also e-payments have grown rapidly over the years. 26.4 million transactions by payment cards were made in March 2019, with only 8% of them being international payments. Close to 90% of the Georgians use credit cards, 5% use e-wallets, and the rest fancies more exotic ways of payments, such as prepaid cards or mobile (1% both). You are free to deposit and withdraw funds in a Georgian lari casino in a variety of ways, but first, make sure the payment gateway is supported by the online casino lari that you are playing in.
Wire Bank Transfer
Depositing with Georgian lari via a direct wire bank transfer is not a popular alternative among gamesters. Only about 1% of players send their money to a GEL casino this way. Possible, such unpopularity is caused by the necessity to wait up to 3 business days for the completion of the transaction.
Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are recognizable and well-known in more than 200 countries, support plenty of currencies, and process payments fast in any online casino GEL. However, they charge fees of 2-3%.
E-wallets are preferred by 1% of the Georgian population, but you can try one of the best e-wallets to make casino deposits using Georgian lari once you make sure the e-wallet is supported by the gambling venue. For example, you can use Webmoney, a Russian online payment system founded in 1998. It supports a lot of currencies and adopted prevalently by gambling hubs of CIS counties (not limited to them, though). Webmoney is safe and time-tested, but it does have fees that can reach 5% and more and make you think of other payment options.
Prepaid cards work best when you need privacy. Nothing can be simpler than using a prepaid card: just buy the card in the retail store and then spend it until you run out of balance. The obvious advantage is that you are spending your own money. There are numerous types of prepaid cards (reloadable, gift, retail, transit, payroll, etc.), so be sure to choose the one that suits the selected Georgian lari casino.
How to Make Casino Deposits with GEL?
The procedure of depositing to betting sites accepting GEL is simple:
- Sign in to a casino.
- Skim through the available payment options to choose the best one.
- Add the details for the selected payment gateway (credit/debit card/e-wallet details, or the digital code from the prepaid card).
Withdrawing with Georgian lari is even simpler: in most cases, you can withdraw using the same gateway. However, be ready to pass the full identification procedure if your winnings are huge.
What are the Benefits of Gambling with Georgian Lari?
In any online casino Georgian lari is the most comfortable option for the lion’s share of gamesters. But it’s even more than that: a casino GEL can run a promotion exclusively for GEL players. Usually, the promo is about adding credits to the deposit, say, 50% or 100% over the deposited amount. Another advantage of online gambling with Georgian lari is the reduced fees. Deposit GEL to play with Georgian lari, and you will save on the conversion commission that would otherwise be charged.
Georgian Lari Casinos FAQ
- 🔸 Is paying with Georgian Lari different from paying with other currencies?
- First of all, Georgian lari is the national currency supported in all Georgia-based casinos, including online. Being the universal currency for gambling in Georgia, it can also grant you certain bonuses if the casino encourages gambling with GEL. However, not all casinos provide exclusive bonuses to lari players, as many of them believe all gamesters must be treated equally.
First-deposit bonuses and reduces transaction fees are the most obvious advantages of playing with Georgian lari. Bonuses and promotions are often highlighted on the homepage and/or the game page.
- 🔸 Am I obliged to pay with GEL?
- Georgian casinos support a variety of payment options, so you are not obliged to pay with GEL. On the other hand, GEL to GEL money transfer has the smallest commission of all payment methods, so you should consider it as a prior option.
If you pay with third-party currencies, extra fees will be applied. The size of the extra fees varies depending on the payment system and the policy of the casino. Typically, the total fee does not exceed 5%.
- 🔸 Will I receive bonuses for paying with GEL?
- No matter you gamble with GEL, EUR, USD, or any other currencies, you will be able to take advantage of sign-up bonuses, customer loyalty bonuses, referral bonuses, once-a-week/once-a-month/daily bonuses, and many other goodies such as bonuses for high-rollers or for promoting the casino.
On top of that, exclusive bonuses for GEL-driven gamesters may be established by the casino. Typically, those are sign-up bonuses: the gambling hub encourages newcomers by doubling their deposit amount. At the same time, you are unable to withdraw the sign-up bonus until you fulfill the casino requirements set in order to prevent bonus abuse.
- 🔸 Are any fees applied when paying with a credit card or online payment system?
- When dealing/paying with a credit card or an online payment system, fees can be applied. Those may be annual fees, foreign transaction fees, cash advance fees, late/return payment fees, over-limit fees, and others. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express charge on average 2% of each deposit. To learn more about fees, refer to the policy of your credit card provider/online payment system and the casino you are playing in.
- 🔸 Is there a possibility to convert other currencies to pay with GEL?
- Yes, you can convert any other currency to GEL via your online banking or e-payment system. Make sure you are aware of the conversion fees. If your favorite deposit option is not available, ask the casino customer support for recommendations.