CLP – Chilean Peso Casinos 2020
Gambling in Chilean peso online casinos can be an optimal choice for South American punters, but yet it’s debatable for the fact that the state banned online gambling in any form. In turns out that to be on the legal side of things, you have to accept the reality of Chile’s reluctance to regulate the domestic online financial market and never set foot in local betting institutions, as they are all underground, even those claiming to have a license.
The online gambling climate in Chile is harsh and wintry, but still, you can play with CLP in the shortlisted casinos. Below is a list of manually checked online destinations, and each casino and site included accepts Chilean pesos along with euros, dollars, and even cryptocurrencies. Not only we have united all the best casinos but also make instructions on depositing and withdrawal. Follow our guides to enjoy smooth gambling and have your deposits credited on time.
Best Online Casinos with CLP – Chilean Peso
|3||$1200+260 FS||Captain Spins||2000+|
How to Gamble with Chilean Pesos?
With the local purchasing power by 150% less than that of the USA and a fantastic surge of GPD, Chile is the most stable and prosperous country of South America. Though the state has a comparatively high level of economic freedom, online gambling with Chilean peso is a very subtle and intricate matter, not to say dangerous. The explanation of this phenomenon is elaborated below.
But first, let’s introduce peso, the national currency that has been circulating in Chile since 1975. The unambiguous symbol is CLP, though originally the symbol was defined as $, replicating the American dollar. At the time 1 CLP equals 0.0013 USD, whereas CLP has been losing value since mid-2017. With that said, online casinos that accept Chilean peso are running like clockwork, except for the fact that all truly legal online gambling hubs are registered out of Chile. The Chilean regulatory body SCJ has banned all forms of online gambling for both domestic and international operators. Obtaining a legal license in the county is possible only for a brick and mortar casino CLP, which can be licensed for providing casino games, sports betting, and a national lottery.
The desire of the Chilean government to ban online gambling isn’t paired with its reluctance to investigate illegal cases of gambling online with Chilean peso and apply fines to Chilean peso online casinos. That inactivity encourages myriads of gamesters to play with Chilean peso on gray betting sites accepting CLP. However, we do not recommend you to gamble with CLP in unchecked casinos and thereby risk your hard-earned money, as you are not protected in case the unlicensed Chilean peso casino runs away with your money. Instead, we advise you to browse through the shortlist of the Chilean peso casinos and choose the one up to your taste.
What are the Payment Methods for CLP Casino Deposits?
The Chilean e-commerce market is one of the most sophisticated in Latin America. Slightly more than half the population uses credit cards, many of which are local and not suitable for international payments. Even Visa and MasterCard are not always accepted by offshore websites. Still, about 25% of credit cards are suitable for depositing in an international Chilean pesos online gambling site. Debit cards are twice less popular: one in four Chileans use his debit card to complete online payments. Chilean Transbank is the sole local card acquirer that controls both debit card payments and online bank transfers (8%).
The simplest cash payments are not popular among Chilean respondents: about 7% of them use cash-based invoices like Muticaja or Servipag to pay them at offline stores. More advanced digital wallets appeal to gamblers, but not an ordinary online buyer: only 2% of citizens use them. Bear in mind that in a Chilean online casino CLP is not the only deposit option – USD, EUR, and sometimes crypto are accepted as well.
Popular Chilean Online Payment Methods
- Visa. Available in 244 countries and supported by 326 provides, Visa suggests you connecting your card to the casino account. Just enter your card number, date of expiration, and CVV security code, and you can make transactions to a casino that accepts CLP!
- MasterCard. Just as popular as VISA, MasterCard is an alternative gateway for gamesters valuing security and willing to deal with time-tested transaction systems. MasterCard and Visa transactions are usually charged a 1-3% commission. But the great thing is that using the domestic version of Visa or Mastercard, you can save on the commission that would be charged with the currency exchange involved (keep in mind that in a domestic online casino Chilean peso is always included as a deposit option, though USD and EUR deposits are also supported).
- Webpay Plus. Powered by Transbank, Webpay Plus is an exclusive Chilean payment gateway allowing gamblers to pay via Red Compra, Magna, Diners Club, Visa, and MasterCard credit cards. Webpay plus is supported by 8 providers: IXOPAY, Baltic Bill, PayU, EBANX, PayOp, Paygol, EverusPay, and Optile.
E-wallets and Scratch Cards
E-wallets like Skrill or PayPal, as well as prepaid cards, are not popular in Chile. However, these are worth considering for gamblers willing to remain private. Scratch cards and e-wallets do not require your personal data, though often have low transaction and storage limits.
How to Make Casino Deposits with CLP Currency?
Casino deposits using Chilean peso and withdrawing with Chilean pesos are quite simple and require nothing but to follow the standard casino procedure consisting of a few typical steps:
- Registration and filling in the account details.
- Connecting the payment method (if one is unavailable, contact the customer support).
- Completing the payment.
Note that both depositing with Chilean peso and withdrawing from Chilean peso casinos may have some unpleasant peculiarities. For instance, upon withdrawal, you may be asked to pass the full identification procedure to comply with the anti-money laundering regulations, whereas it may take up to 5 days for the bank money transfer to be processed.
What are the Benefits of Gambling with Chilean Pesos?
A Chilean pesos casino may run a special promotion to encourage gamers to deposit in the national currency. However, the gist of any CLP casino is that you can avoid the draconic commission that can be charged when the transaction goes along with the currency exchange. For example, converting USD to CLP will be charged with fees, while sending CLP to the CLP wallet will have no commission.
Chilean Peso Casinos FAQ
- 🔸 Is paying with Chilean peso different from paying with other currencies?
- The benefits of playing with Chilean peso are the same as the benefits of gambling with other currencies, be it EUR, USD, or bitcoin. These are special promotions, offers, discounts, etc. for gamblers using CLP to play. All Chilean legal online casinos are beyond the county’s jurisdiction, so you can feel safe when gambling with CLP at one of the shortlisted institutions.
- 🔸 Am I obliged to pay with CLP?
- Gambling with CLP is not obligatory, but you can take advantage of special bonuses provided by some casinos to CLP-driven gamblers. For example, these may we welcome treats of up to 100% or even 200% to your deposit, or various gambling discounts (free spins, for instance). Gambling with CLP is recommended mainly to players that store their funds in CLP, as CLP to CLP transactions is not charged with extra fees.
- 🔸 Will I receive bonuses for paying with CLP?
- Yes, there’s some chance you will receive bonuses for gambling with CLP. However, CLP casinos usually provide fair gambling conditions to all gamers, so the same bonuses are likely to be provided to punters that use other currencies.
On top of that, most casinos have strict anti-abuse policies, which prevent instant bonus withdrawals. You will have to spend some time and, most importantly, money on the game to withdraw bonuses. Bonuses are typically announced before major holidays like Christmas, New Year, Halloween, St. Patrick’s Day, April Fools, Cinco de Mayo, etc.
- 🔸 Are any fees applied when paying with a credit card or online payment system?
- Fees depend on the policy of the casino and the payment system. For example, Visa and MasterCard charge 1-3% of the funds transferred, whereas the casino may have its own fees on top of that. We recommend you to study the fee policy of the casino before making your deposit. Feel free to direct your questions to the client support.
- 🔸 Is there a possibility to convert other currencies to pay with CLP?
- Yes, most e-payment systems and casinos support currency conversion. However, an additional fee will be charged, so consider replenishing your gambling balance with CLP to avoid extra spending. To learn more about the fees, refer to the commission policies of your payment system and the casino.