Canadian Online Casinos 2019
Looking for a good Canadian online casino is always a tough call — sometimes it’s hard to understand from the first glance whether the internet betting is legal or not and what exactly should Canadians do to win some real money on the online casino sites.
Keep calm, we’ve got you covered here. Gambling in Canada is real and legal and hides many wonderful things for you. No more short and shallow reviews — the following text will give you the complete understanding of Canadian gambling with everything players should know to play, starting from the list of the best casinos and top payment options and ending with the answers to all the frequently asked questions. We’ll take a dive into the Canadian gambling legislation to find out what you can and what you can not do in the country when it comes to gambling, make a short trip to the best land-based casinos in Canada, and just spend some good time learning things.
Best Canadian Online Casino Sites 2019
|1||C$1500 + 150 FS||Playamo||2100+|
|9||$1500 + 150 FS||Playzee||1294+|
|10||C$1500+140 FS||Bob Casino||1000+|
|11||$5000 + 50 FS||Casimba||596+|
|13||$1500 + 300 FS||Sloty||1600+|
|26||$1200+200 FS||Mr Green||350+|
|39||$1000 + 1000 FS||LVbet||631+|
|42||$200||Sports Interaction Casino||815+|
|45||$1000 + 22 FS||Leo Vegas||1180+|
|49||$500+200 FS||Alf Casino||1787+|
|50||$300 + 200 FS||King Billy Casino||2152+|
|54||C$200+100 FS||Mr Play||450+|
|55||C$1000 + 200 FS||ScandiBet||909+|
|56||$1000||Silver Oak Casino||212+|
|57||$1000 + 200 FS||Casino Cruise||600+|
|67||$250 + 100 FS||Wishmaker||300+|
|68||$50 + 50 FS||Cashmio||600+|
|69||$3000 + 50 FS||Spinland||663+|
|71||$6000 + 25FS||BoVegas||180+|
|73||$4000 + 200 FS||Kahuna Casino||1210+|
|76||200% up to C$500||Magic Red||500+|
|78||C$222 + 22 FS||Yako Casino||800+|
|80||10% Cashback||No Bonus Casino||615+|
|81||$300 + 50 FS||Wixstars||399+|
How We Rate & Review Canadian Online Gambling Sites?
- Best Canadian Casinos Online – 2019
- Canadian Main Casino Types
- Depositing Options for Canadian Players
- Gambling Laws in Canada
- Canadian Casinos FAQ
We are carefully checking every Canadian casino online before adding it to our own list of the best online gambling sites in Canada. To make it to this page, the website should meet our quality requirements that include the following criteria:
- License. The first thing to be checked in any online casino for Canadians is whether it has a relevant license or not. All the Canadian gambling sites on Online Casino Hex are properly licensed and have all the rights to provide gambling services to the players. Some of them are licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission — one of the oldest and the most reputable licensing institutions in the world. It’s located in the Mohawk Territory in Kahnawake, the autonomous region in Canada, and has already issued 50 licenses leading to the appearance of more than 250 reliable Canadian online casinos.
- Casino Games Variety. The next thing that distinguishes the best Canadian online casinos is the choice of games you can play at one place. The websites from our list offer the wide variety of online gambling products from the simple games of chance like slots or roulette to the more complicated games of skill like video poker. All the games are different in terms of graphics, sound, plots, and gameplay but are all united by the highest quality and fair rules.
- Reliable Casino Software. When the online casino in Canada has a lot of games to choose from, it doesn’t mean yet that it’s a good one. What’s more important that the games offered by the website are created by one of the well-known online gambling games developers cooperating with the reliable websites only. In the top 10 Canadian online casinos, you’ll have a chance to play the games created by the most famous names in the industry like Microgaming, Playtech or Evolution Gaming (especially known for its great live dealer casino).
- Jackpots. The main aim of online gambling is to have some fun but getting the real money at the same time can be nice too. Some games and casinos can bring you a couple of dollars but some of the Canadian online gambling sites have a jackpot card up in their sleeves. We check which online Canadian casinos have a progressive jackpot options so that you can try your luck and win big.
- Mobile Compatibility. Some of the top Canadian online casinos are now mobile-friendly and can be played on both iOS and Android devices. We are keeping them in a separate mobile casinos list for you to have the access to the mobile gambling games wherever you are and whenever you want.
- Welcome Bonuses. All the best online betting sites in Canada included in the Online Casino Hex list will meet you with the generous welcome bonus. It’s often called “a deposit bonus” as the casino is doubling (or even triplin) your first deposit letting you spend the money on more games and get more winnings.
- Convenient Payment Options. We’ll talk more about the payment options available in the Canada casinos online in the next passages but you can be sure to make the real money bets in the listed casinos using any convenient option.
- Security Issues. If you see a website on this page, there is no doubt this online casino Canada is legal and reliable. Your personal information as well as your money are going to be safe and sound as all the websites have undergone the security checked and were proved to be 100% safe.
- Customer Support. Have some questions about the gaming process, payment options or anything else online gambling-related? The casinos from the list have their customer support groups ready to answer all of them quick via phone or online chats.
- VIP Programs. The thing you won’t find in most of the Canadian online casino reviews is that a part of the websites have the special VIP casino programs for high-rollers and VIP-customers. We pay the special attention to such offers and try to add the generous casinos like this to our collection.
Main Casino Types in Canada
The online gambling industry is now living its best days — today, gamblers have the access to all kinds of the best casinos in Canada so that everyone can choose one they like the most. Like Calgary casinos online have in stock so much that most first-timer get swept off their feet. And it doesn’t matter whether it’s your first time making a bet or you’ve made tons of them, there is a website for you. If you are overwhelmed by the number of websites and don’t know where to look first, check one of the following casino types:
|Instant play casino||The instant Canadian online casinos are those we are so used to playing in today. The ones where you need no downloads to play your favorite video slots, roulette or blackjack and just need to create an account, make a deposit, get your welcome bonus, and start winning.|
|Mobile casino||It’s official — mobile traffic has overstepped the desktop one meaning all the best online casinos for Canadians now need to make their websites and apps mobile-friendly to keep up with the competition. Here, on Online Casino Hex, we’ve collected the most popular and reliable mobile casinos that you can try on your iOS and Android smartphones or tablets and win the real money without even turning on your computer.|
|Live casino||Well, now you are not only able to take online casino games with you wherever you go, but you can even get the land-based venue experience without leaving your room. In live casinos, gambling process is live-streamed from the real casinos or the specially equipped studios where dressed to the occasion beautiful women and handsome men are handing out the cards, spinning the roulette wheels and chatting with players. Live dealer websites are quite new on the iGaming market but have already gained a huge pack of fans.|
It doesn’t really matter what type of the casino you choose — a regular instant play, a mobile one or a high-tech live dealer casino website, the main point is to play in a secure online casino in Canada only, like one of those you’ll find in our list.
Banking Options for Canadians
Canadian gamblers are happy to have a decent choice of the payment options available for online gambling — e-wallets, e-checks, instant payments, and so on. Here are the most popular banking methods that you can use to make the real money bets.
eChecks are basically the electronic versions of the good old paper checks that have been used to make payments of any kinds for decades. Now there is no need to look for a pen and put your signature on a paper check as you can make the real money bets in the eCheck casino with a few clicks. Usually, the fee applied on the transaction is quite small making this banking option attractive for the players.
Interac is one of the Canada’s leading debit payment services and Interac online casinos are now becoming the talk of the town. The company claims to be the low-cost and economical payment provider which means it has the smallest fees possible (like CAD$0,02 for some transactions). It’s a convenient, safe, and modern way to make online casino bets that can quickly replace some of the older and not-so-user-friendly payment systems.
In our list, you will also find the InstaDebit casinos — the websites accepting payments via the InstaDebit system. It’s another version of the electronic cheque payment that will only require from you a verified InstaDebit account and a $2 CAD fee for a transaction. It’s a fast and safe way to transfer money to and from online casinos making this payment option quite popular among the online gamblers.
The iDebit casino deposits are one of the most convenient ways to make the online gambling bets as it lets you transfer money from your account within seconds. With iDebit, you don’t even need a credit card as the funds are directly sent from the bank account to the website. The company considers safety to be its main priority meaning you can makes the bets safely knowing that your money and personal data are out of danger.
EcoPayz is a classic e-wallet that can be used for various online transactions and is especially convenient for the online gambling ones, sometimes it looks like it was created exactly for you to make online casino deposits. A great number of Toronto casino players rarely decide to play without using this system. Like other e-wallets, it’s quite easy to use — you transfer the money from your credit card or bank account to your ecoPayz account and then just keep it there using for online bets whenever you want. It can also be used for winnings withdrawals — you can then transfer your winnings back to your bank account or use the ecoPayz card to cash out money in ATMs.
There’s hardly a person who has never heard of cryptocurrencies in general and Bitcoin in particular. Today, you can use bitcoins to pay for many goods and services online and online gambling bets are not an exception. There are not too many Canadian bitcoin casinos on the list today but the ones present are all of high-quality and the top level of security, just like all payments made with Bitcoins.
It’s always good to have a choice of several payment options so we make sure to list the online gambling websites that offer at least a couple of the above-mentioned banking methods. You can try all of them to find the best one or stick to the one you are used to using for depositing and withdrawing — whatever works best for you.
Online Gambling Laws in Canada
Internet gambling in Canada has always been a sensitive issue as the country’s laws perfectly cover the issues of the land-based gambling activities but are not so clear when it comes to the online ones. Things get even more confusing as every province in Canada has its own laws concerning the Canadian internet gambling and have the right to apply them on their territories. In the next passages, we’ll cover how the government attitude towards gambling online in Canada have changed over time, where exactly you can play in the legit online gambling sites in Canada and what we may expect from the future of online gambling in the country.
In general, the answer to the question “Is gambling legal in Canada?” is “yes”. Slightly changing from one province to another (we’ll dig into this issue a bit later), the Canadian laws allow making bets in the properly licensed online casinos. Moreover, besides the best Canadian gambling sites, Canadian players can make their bets in the foreign online gambling websites and will not be prosecuted in any way.
We should specially mention the Kahnawake Gaming Commission — one of the most powerful licensing authorities in the gambling world, located on the Canadian territories. As the region is considered to be autonomous, it mostly has its own laws and has the right to license the reliable online gambling websites from around the globe and let the Canadian players make their bets in them.
As for the country’s attitude towards gambling, it hasn’t really changed with the course of time with the only difference being the government attempts to make gambling more regulated and safe for the players. Here are the most important points in the Canadian gambling history:
- In 1892, the first gambling regulations appeared when the Criminal Code of Canada appeared banning all kinds of gambling and then, a few years later, allowing horse races and bingo games;
- In 1969, the Canadian government has given the gambling laws under the provincial jurisdictions and the land-based gambling venues started to appear all over Canada;
- In 1989, the first commercial casino in Canada was opened in Winnipeg;
Since then, the Criminal Code wasn’t seriously amended and still says almost nothing about the legal online gambling in Canada making it a gray area where the players have many possibilities to make their bets safely and securely.
The future of online gambling in Canada is quite blurred. Many have expected that the new liberal government that came to power in 2015 would make some steps towards the complete legalization of online gambling activities but nothing has changed yet so all we can do is to hope for the best and make our bets while we have a chance.
Online Gambling on Provincial Level in Canada
As we’ve already mentioned, the provinces of Canada have the right to regulate gambling activities on their territories on their own. In most of the provinces, gambling laws are more or less similar but some have their slight differences. Here is our short guide to the gambling laws by province so you can have a better understanding of the Canadian gambling as a whole.
|Quebec||The Quebec online casinos activity is regulated just like the land-based one. There is a state-run gambling platform called Espacejeux created by the Quebec Alcohol, Racing and Gaming Commission. Unlike some other Canadian provinces, Quebec tries to block the access to the offshore gambling websites though those attempts got nowhere.|
|Ontario||Ontario is one of the provinces that decided to regulate online gambling on their territory meaning we now have a safe regulated gambling market and a state-run Ontario online casino called PlayOLG. OLG stands for the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation, the main legal body regulating gambling in the province.|
|British Columbia||Things are completely different in British Columbia as it was the first Canadian province to open the state-run BC online casino and start carefully regulating online gambling activities on its territory. And these years of experience can be easily noticed in the smooth work of every Vancouver casino – a perfect example considering the way they work, their customer support system, and gambling regulation culture. All the online-gambling related issues in British Columbia are regulated by the British Columbia Lottery Corporation that has also opened its own online gambling platform called PlayNow. Besides, players from BC still have the access to other gambling platforms.|
|Saskatchewan||Many Saskatchewan land-based casinos are run by the First Nations population but there is not a single province-run online gambling website yet. In 2012, the Northern Bear online casino was opened here but ten closed a few years later due to the financial problems.|
|Alberta||If you decide to play in an online casino Alberta, you’ll learn that the province still has no online gambling regulations meaning online gambling is neither allowed nor prohibited here. Thus, you can play on the online gambling websites you have the access to or visit one of the land-based casinos located in the province.|
|New Brunswick||Even though land-based gambling is strictly regulated in the province, there are no state-run New Brunswick online casino and online gambling activities are not regulated here in general. As always, it doesn’t mean that the players can’t make their real money bets in New Brunswick as many other reliable online casinos are easily accessible.|
|Manitoba||Players who want to try the online gambling Manitoba will have the access to the PlayNow gambling platform created by the British Columbia regulating bodies as well as to the offshore websites that are not blocked. Land-based casinos are popular here too, especially due to the fact that gambling age in Manitoba is 18, while most of the provinces make it 19.|
|Newfoundland||The bad news for the gambling-lovers is that gambling is banned in the province so there are no land-based and official Newfoundland online gambling venues for you to play, even though the possibilities of legislative changes have been already discussed. Still, you can play on some other sites hosted outside Newfoundland.|
|Nova Scotia||As for this province, the situation is similar to most of the other ones — online gambling is not yet regulated here meaning you won’t find a Nova Scotia online casino backed by the government. Making bets on other reliable and licensed online gambling websites is not prohibited though so don’t get upset.|
It looks like the online gambling issue is definitely not on the Canada’s government agenda for the next few years meaning the players can enjoy any kinds of online gambling games in any international casinos they want — just don’t forget to check whether the casinos meet all the quality requirements we’ve talked about before. We are carefully following all the news in the Canadian gambling industry so don’t doubt — you’ll be the first to know if even the slightest changes appear.
Land-Based Casinos in Canada
The Canadian casinos are not limited to the online ones as the country has a lot of great land-based gambling venues to have some fun and make the real money bets. Here are some of the best casinos in Canada that are definitely worth visiting if you are traveling around the country:
- The first and probably the most famous out of all the local casinos in Canada is the Niagara Falls Casino. Having been founded late in 1996, the casino can make your trip to the Niagara Falls even more awesome with its 1300 slot machines and more than 300 game tables.
- The biggest casino in Canada is the Casino de Montreal. Here you can become one of the 18000 visitors coming to make their bets in the casino daily and make your bet at one of a hundred game tables and countless slot-machines.
- Northlands Park Casino located in Alberta may not be the largest and the most impressive one but it’s famous for its perfect reputation and the horse track located nearby making it one of the best places for horse races betting.
- Caesars Windsor Hotel and Casino is the place where you can easily spend the whole holiday spending days in spacious rooms and nights around the game tables. It has been called the best casino of the year several times in a row which definitely makes it worth checking.
Best Casino Sites in Canada
Don’t have time to visit the brick and mortar casinos? Then opt for the safe Canadian online casinos from our list to make your real money bets without leaving the house. If you are in doubts which legal Canadian online casino, take a look at the industry leaders having millions of fans all over the world:
- Jackpot City. The Jackpot City has been on the market since 1998 and has gained a huge fan base since then. Today, it’s offering more than 500 games including the live-dealer ones and is considered to be one of the most trusted Canadian casinos.
- Spin Palace. Being a household name, Spin Palace is famous for its generous welcome bonuses and the high-quality mobile gambling options.
- Betway. Betway will meet you with a wide variety of games on any taste. Here you’ll find slots, card games, e-sports, live-dealer game tables and so on.
- Casimba. Even though Casimba is the newest website on the list, it’s been already proved as a safe and secure online casino Canada. Here, the players are getting the 200% welcome bonus (quite a nice one when compared with the usual 100%) and a decent number of games of all kinds.
- Zodiac Casino. The legitimate Canadian online casino called Zodiac Casino is promising to make you a millionaire if you play one of its 550 online gambling games. This may be a bit of exaggeration but it definitely doesn’t hurt to try.
- Royal Vegas. The Royal Vegas has collected the most of the Canadian online casinos reviews as it’s one of the most famous online casinos in the world. Check this out if you want to get the top-notch service and the best games on the Internet.
- Platinum Play. Platinum Play may not be the most popular one but it’s for sure a good one. A nice welcome bonus up to 800 euro, a wide range of games from slots to scratch cards and the friendly customer support make it a great place to make some bets.
- Luxury Casino. Last but not least on the list is the Luxury Casino. It may not look as luxury from the first glance but you’ll be surprised by the variety of games and a generous system of welcome bonuses applied not only to your first deposit but also for the following ones.
Canadian Casinos FAQ
Do you still have questions about the trusted Canadian casinos and how to play in them legally? To clear all things out, we’d like to end this review with the answers to the frequently asked questions.
- Is online gambling legal in Canada?
- As you may have already read in the related passage, online gambling is legal in Canada except for some provinces. It’s not completely regulated everywhere but the players have the access to the Canada’s and world’s best online gambling sites. There is no problem finding a secure online casino Canada, especially if you are looking for it on Online Casino HEX.
- What Canadian deposit methods should I use?
- To make the real money bets in the legal Canadian online casino, you’ll need to choose among several payment options available. You can use e-checks, Bitcoin, ecoPayz, and some other banking systems that were described in details in one of the passages above.
- Do I have to download casino software?
- Even though some of the safe Canadian online casinos may offer you to download some software, most of them are the instant-play online casinos meaning no downloads are needed and all the games can be played online.
- Are there safe Canadian mobile casinos?
- Sure! Most of the websites from the list are mobile-friendly and can be accessed from the smartphone or tablet. To find out more, read our Canadian online casinos reviews devoted to mobile gambling and check out the list of the best mobile casinos.
- Can I play with Canadian dollars?
- The payment options may vary from one website to another, but generally paying in Canadian dollars is a possible option. But even if the casino doesn’t accept bets in Canadian dollars, your money we’ll be exchanged automatically so that you can still make your bets.
- What is gambling age in Canada?
- In most of the provinces, the legal gambling age is 19 while Quebec lets its players start gambling as soon as they turn 18.
- What is the biggest casino in Canada?
- If you are not satisfied with the legitimate Canadian online casino and want to visit the land-based ones, plan a trip to the Quebec Casino de Montreal which is now the biggest one in Canada.