High stakes blackjack is the game for serious players who are ready to make large bets and benefit from the small house edge. Far not every player can call himself “highroller”. Though the rules of the high limit blackjack games are the same as in the regular Blackjack games, there are still certain advantages that can be offered only in the high stakes variations. In this article, we will:
- Tell you how to play online blackjack with high limits;
- Show you the advantages of playing blackjack at high stakes;
- Provide you with useful tips and tricks which will increase your winning odds;
- Improve your gambling skills and gaming experience;
- Show you the best VIP online casinos with high stake blackjack games;
- Answer some of the most frequently asked questions.
It doesn’t matter whether you are an experienced high roller casino player, an astronaut used to playing blackjack before a space mission, or it’s the first time you are playing at high stakes, you will find a lot of interesting and new facts for you on this page. So, let’s not waste time and get to the point.
Best High Stakes Blackjack Online Casinos 2022
| 100%+100 FS|
100 Free Spins in Book of Dead slot.
|5TC + 25 FS||FortuneJack||1519+|
250% slots bonus.
|100% / €300||Mozzart||968+|
Playing high stakes blackjack is definitely fun, but many things depend on the casino where you play it, and Betfred is a shining example of it. The gambling portal refused to pay the £1.7m jackpot to a player due to the so-called “software glitch”. You should avoid the casinos that take your money easily but start backing off when it comes to paying out the winnings. That’s why our experts have made a complete list of the best gambling websites with high limit blackjack games.
The Ultimate Guide to Playing High Limit Blackjack Games
It goes without saying, blackjack became one of the most recognizable, and the most frequently played casino games in the world. It was one of the games offered at the very first ground-based gambling houses. No wonder that blackjack quickly became popular in the online gambling community, and different blackjack variations started popping up. One of the most popular types of blackjack is high stakes blackjack.
High stakes blackjack, or as they also call it high limit blackjack, is the blackjack variation where hands are dealt at higher stakes than in the regular blackjack games. These games are perfect for high rollers and for those players who want to win big during a short period of time. For example, Don Johnson, the CEO of Heritage Development, won over m playing high stakes blackjack during only 6 months in 2011.
Many reputable casino software developers offer different variations of high stakes blackjack. For example, Microgaming has no less than 5 exciting high roller blackjack games. These include Classic Blackjack, Super Fun 21, Atlantic City Blackjack, European Blackjack, with each of them having the bet limit of $200, and Vegas Strip Blackjack with the upper bet limit capped at $1,000.
Betsoft also has a couple of decent high limit Blackjack games, including Pirate 21, Single Deck Blackjack, American Blackjack, and Pontoon. The maximum betting limit in these games is $100. You can find a lot of other blackjack options with high limits in online casinos.
Some gambling websites offer Multi-hand high stakes blackjack where you can play with several hands at the same time, increasing your bet up to $2,000 and even more.
How to Play High Stakes Blackjack
The rules of high limit blackjack online are the same as in any other classic blackjack game. The main goal of a player is to beat the dealer’s hand, without busting. Many people think that you should score 21 points in order to win at blackjack. However, the main goal is to score more than the dealer but not more than 21.
High limit blackjack is played with 36-card decks, where numeral cards have their face values; 10, Jack, Queen, and King are worth 10 points; and Ace counts as either 11 or 1.
After the player has made the maximum allowed bet, the dealer and the player are dealt two cards each, with one dealer’s card being face-down, and another – face-up so that the player can see it. After that, all the standard moves are available. You can hit, which means to take one more card, stand – not to take any further action and wait for the game result, double down – to double the initial bet and take one extra card, or split – to divide the pair of cards into two different hands.
When you are ready with your hand, the dealer checks his card that is faced down and takes some more cards if it’s required according to the game rules. If the dealer busts, you automatically win the game round. If the dealer scores more than you, you lose your bet. And if the value of your hand is equal to the dealer’s hand, the bet is returned. Of course, there are some more specific rules, but as you can see, the basic rules are the same as in any other regular blackjack game.
How to Win at High Limit Blackjack
High stakes blackjack is not a simple game of chance. It requires some special skills, attentiveness to details, and patience. If you want to be successful in blackjack, you should learn all the possible blackjack strategies and learn how to manage your bankroll.
First of all, you shouldn’t spend all your income on gambling. Otherwise, you risk stepping into a financial hole. They say that you should plan your bankroll so that you have enough money to play at least 50 game rounds. That’s why John Navin, Forbes contributor who used to play blackjack, recommends players to adjust their bet size after a losing streak. Also, pay attention to the dealer’s moves if you are playing live blackjack. One can start cheating at any moment, just like Steven Darnell Singer who was caught helping punters cheat at the casino. If you see some weird behaviour, call the Pit Boss – a person responsible for fair play at a live casino.
There are also many tips for blackjack players on how to increase the winning odds. For example, you shouldn’t rely too much on the Surrender option, shouldn’t go all-in, and shouldn’t play high limit blackjack that pays 6:5. We will talk about all these tips in a minute. Meanwhile, you should remember that no one can tell you how to beat the casino and win at Blackjack every single time. As Chinese VIP players say, the best way to beat the casino is to stop playing in it.
Benefits of Playing High Stakes Blackjack
Playing blackjack at high limits gives you access to various opportunities and benefits that are not available in the low limit blackjack games. The very first reason to play high stakes blackjack is a chance to get much higher prizes. The more you bet, the more you win, the faster your bankroll grows. It may take time to win a decent amount of money in blackjack with low limits, and in high limit games, you can do it in one game round.
Another great advantage of playing high stakes blackjack is the availability of different high roller programs. Most large online casinos encourage high rollers to join them by offering various comp programs, VIP programs, and special promotions. Those players who are betting max can always count on getting some decent bonuses, cash rewards, and other prizes. Some online casinos even offer Cash Back on the amount you have lost while playing games with high bet limits. One player was offered a 20% discount on his losses during one of his best nights at the Tropicana.
High rollers can also get access to the table with a low house edge. While the blackjack games with the house edge of over 5% are available for all players, the games with 1-2% house edge can be played by high rollers only. Finally, nothing can bring you as much thrill and excitement as playing high limit blackjack. Gambling should bring real emotions, and high limit blackjack carries out this duty admirably.
Tips On How to Increase Your Odds of Winning at High Stakes Blackjack
High stakes blackjack is one of the casino games that involve both skills and luck. Unlike in slot games, you can influence the game result in high stakes blackjack. Of course, there’s no way to guess the outcome of each game round, but by following our tips and tricks, you will increase your chances to win. So, here they are.
#1 Use Basic Blackjack Strategy Chart While Playing
The best way for a new blackjack player to learn all the game rules and to understand how the game works is to use the basic blackjack strategy charts. Using these charts will definitely help you make the right moves. You can find them anywhere on the web, without even downloading anything.
The basic blackjack strategy charts show you when is the best time to hit, stand, split, or double down. After some time, you will memorize the charts and will play more effectively. However, you should also understand that the basic blackjack strategy charts are only the recommendation on how it is better to bet in a certain situation. No one can guarantee you that using the charts will help win in every game round. It will simply increase your winning odds. And if you will involve the card counting and some other blackjack strategies, the basic blackjack strategy charts will become even more beneficial for you.
#2 Don’t Take Insurance
Insurance is considered to be a great investment in most cases. However, when it comes to blackjack, this is not the case. Insurance in blackjack is a side bet on whether a dealer hit blackjack (21 points) with his first card being an Ace.
Insurance is a side bet so that you can make it after all the cards are dealt, and the dealer’s first card is an Ace. Insurance is worth half of your initial bet and is usually paid 2 to 1.
Insurance is usually taken when a player has a strong hand (A/9 or two tens). However, if you have two tens in your hand, betting that there is another 10 under the dealer’s Ace is probably the last thing you want to do. The chance for the dealer to get Blackjack is around 30%, but it also depends on how many card decks are there in a shoe. So, insurance in Blackjack is no good.
#3 Choose Blackjack that Pays 3:2
Basically, there are three main types of blackjack: 3:2 blackjack, 6:5 blackjack, and 2:1 blackjack. The latter is considered to be the most profitable variant for players, but it is likely you won’t find it in online casinos anymore. So, what are the reasons between 3:2 blackjack and 6:5 blackjack. Everything is pretty simple: in 3:2 blackjack, you get $3 for each $2 bet, and in 6:5 blackjack, respectively, you get $6 for each $5 bet. Many players choose 6:5 blackjack because they think that $6 is better than $3. However, they are wrong, as it is all about the winning odds. In 3:2 Blackjack the odds are 1.5:1, while in 6:5 Blackjack – 1.2:1. It means that you are likely to lose more in 6:5 Blackjack. According to David G. Schwartz, 6:5 blackjack is the biggest offender, as it bumps up the house edge to around 2%. So, blackjack that pays 3:2 is the best option for you.
#4 Avoid Martingale Betting System
The Martingale betting system is the most popular and the most controversial betting system on the web. According to the Martingale system, you should keep doubling your bet until you hit a win. Thus, at a certain point, you will make up for all your previous loses. Sounds pretty simple and effective, doesn’t it. However, the point is that the system is profitable only for players with indefinitely deep pockets who are playing no limit blackjack online.
No one can tell you when you will hit a win so that you can keep doubling up your bets until there is no money left on your balance. Plus, in order to prevent benefiting from the Martingale system, the online casinos and software providers set the minimum and maximum online casino blackjack limits, which makes the Martingale system almost useless. Finally, the amount of money you bet is always much bigger than your potential winning amount so that the risk is not worth it. So, we strongly recommend you avoid the Martingale betting strategy.
#5 Be Careful with Surrender Option
Besides the standard options like Stand, Split, Hit, and Double Down, there is another optional move – Surrender. This option is not offered by all online casinos, as it can be very beneficial for gamblers. However, it can be beneficial only for those players who know how to use this option smartly.
Surrender is the option which allows you to give up and return the half of your initial wager. It can be used when all the cards are dealt, and you see that your hand is pretty bad and is unlikely to hit the dealer’s hand. You should take in mind that the Surrender option should be used only when the chance of losing your current hand is more than 50%. In other cases, you should try to win the game. For example, if you have 15 or 16, and the dealer’s up card is 9/10/A, then to surrender will be the best decision.
#6 Don’t Go All-In
Managing your bankroll effectively is key to success. You should think carefully about how much you are ready to spend on gambling, as well as how much you can afford to bet during one game round, especially when you are playing no limit online blackjack games. Going all-in is a nuclear option which may lead to a negative result. Of course, all-in bets can bring you massive winnings, but you may be not as lucky as the founder of FedEx, who saved his company from bankruptcy thanks to playing blackjack. Unlike in poker, you will never know your winning chances while playing High Limit Blackjack. The wager is made when the cards are not dealt so that the winning chances for you at that moment are 50/50. It’s not wise to go all-in when you are not sure you have a winning hand.
#7 Learn How to Split
Most high limit blackjack games are equipped with the Split option. Split can be used when you have a pair of cards in your hands. You can split them into two separate hands, doubling your initial bet and receiving double chances to hit a decent win. Sounds pretty simple, doesn’t it? However, not so many players know how and when to use it correctly.
There are only 10 card values in blackjack, so it’s not that difficult to remember which card combination you should split. For example, you should always split two Aces. The only way to hit blackjack with such card combination is to get 9 (one Ace is played as 10, and another as 1). If you split the, you will get more chances to hit blackjack, as you will need tens or any face card. Knowing such tips will definitely help you win more frequently in high limit blackjack.
#8 Learn when to Double Down
Double down is the option that allows you to double your bet after the cards are dealt. In other words, you have a chance to double your winnings in certain cases. It’s a decent option which should also be used wisely.
First of all, you should know that Double down is an optional move that is not offered in every single blackjack game. Besides, there can be different conditions for using the Double Down option.
For example, some online casinos allow players to Double Down only when the total value of their cards is lower than 11, and some casinos allow to double down only soft/hard hands.
As a rule, after using the Double Down option, you are dealt one extra card, and you won’t be able to hit. All in all, you should carefully learn the rules of the casino you are playing at, as well as the rules of the game itself.
#9 Tame Your Emotions
While playing high stakes blackjack, you should control your emotions, especially after a lose strike. Some players are being pushed to a breaking point after they lose several hands in a row. You should think straight about the gaming process, without paying much attention to how many times you have already lost. Many players make not-quite-smart decisions, trying to make up for the previous loses. As we have already mentioned, High Limit Blackjack is not the game where emotional guesses and accidental events are the keys to success. Blackjack involves logic, maths, and even statistics so that you have to stay extremely attentive during the game. If you feel you are angry or disappointed, better take a break, relax, have your emotions under control, and only then get back and go on playing.
#10 Stay Sober
This tip is closely connected to the previous one. Staying sober shouldn’t always be taken literally. Of course, it goes without saying, you should never drink much alcohol before you start playing high stakes blackjack or any other online casino game. However, it also means that you should always keep a sober look at what is going on at the table. You should be very attentive to details and think over each move in order not to make some mistakes which may cost you much.
High Limit Blackjack FAQ
What are the highest bets in high limit blackjack?
- The maximum betting limits depend on the casino you are playing at and on the Blackjack game itself. The highest bets vary from $50 to several thousand dollars per bet. For example, in most Microgaming Blackjack games, including Classic Blackjack, Super Fun 21, European Blackjack, and Atlantic City Blackjack, the bets are limited to $200. If it’s not enough for you, you can try Vegas Strip Blackjack where the upper betting limit is $1,000. In most Blackjack games from other casino software developers, you can bet up to $100.
What variations of high limit blackjack are available to play?
- In fact, there are many different variations of high roller blackjack available to play. All the variations have the same game rules, but they can differ in the number of card decks in the shoe, side bets that are available to use, and the house edge. Even if you know the basic rules of blackjack, it is better to read the rules of each blackjack variation before you start playing it. So, you can find the following High Limit Blackjack games on the web: Classic Blackjack, European Blackjack, Spanish 21, Pontoon, Super Fun 21, Vegas Strip Blackjack, and some others.
Can I play high stakes blackjack on my mobile phone?
- Almost all reputable online casinos allow you to play high stakes blackjack online even while on the go. You can take your iOS or Android device and start playing literally anywhere and anytime. The mobile version of the high stakes blackjack games won’t differ much from the desktop version, allowing you to get the same experience on your mobile device. It doesn’t even matter what type of mobile device you have. The main thing is to ensure you have a stable and good internet connection. Otherwise, the game can crash at any time, you will miss some important moments, and won’t have fun.
Are there any high limit live blackjack games?
- Of course! Live dealer games are usually played with higher bet limits than their regular versions, so you can be sure that there are many high limit live blackjack games on the web. You can even play blackjack in GTA for real money. Unlike regular blackjack games, high stakes live blackjack is much more thrilling and interesting, as you can feel that true Vegas atmosphere, without going out of your home. If your casino offers some live dealer games, you will likely find a high limit live dealer blackjack option among them.
Can I count cards playing high stakes blackjack online?
- Theoretically, you can. There are many card counting systems advertised on the web, but they require special skills. It’s not that easy to count the cards. You need to be extremely attentive and to have a good memory. Not to mention, the card decks are being shuffled quite often by live dealers so that your system is likely to fail at any time, as you can hardly guess the position of the cards after the deck is shuffled. That’s why we recommend you to play without card counting and have fun.
Do any betting systems actually work?
- Speaking of the betting strategies – it’s up to you whether to try them or not, but note that there are no safe betting systems. Most betting systems work, but only in theory. Let’s have a look at the most popular system – the Martingale system. According to the system, you should double your bet after each loss so that you will always be in “plus”. In fact, it’s true, but you never know when you hit a win. You can lose your entire bankroll before luck turns to you. Moreover, you are risking much to win small. The other systems have the same or even more drawbacks.
How to protect oneself from losses?
- There’s no way you can protect yourself from losses, but you can minimize them by following a couple of simple but very useful tips. For example, you should manage your budget correctly while playing high stakes blackjack. You should also avoid the Martingale and other various betting strategies. There are no safe betting systems or card counting strategies. Also, we recommend you to play for free credits first. Learn how to Split and Double Down, and only then start playing for real money. What is also important – don’t go all-in after several losses. This will hardly result in a win.