By using MasterCard casino players from all around the world can easily make a deposit at online gambling platforms. This payment method is one of the most widespread in the world and is accepted in more than 220 countries by 25 million companies. Given that nowadays a credit card becomes just another ID for its owner there are not a lot of online gamblers that would prefer to choose an e-wallet or run for prepaid cards to offline sales outlets. There is, therefore, no wonder that the best online casinos accept it.
However, for many of the banks that are licensed by the MasterCard online gambling transactions are not their favorite type of cash operations. Some of them can even reject to transact your winning. Below, we will tell you everything you need to know about effectively using MasterCard as a payment method in online casinos.
Best MasterCard Casinos
Although the top online casinos accept this payment method, when making online MasterCard gambling site transactions keep in mind that problems can arise with the bank that had issued the card. Many Canadian banks become suspicious when it comes to online casino sites operating in offshore jurisdictions, be it live gambling sites or mobile casino platforms, and may even block your transactions. Since in many Canadian provinces such as Alberta casinos are officially allowed to operate only offline, the international websites are the only way for the local residents to enjoy online gambling.
That is why the residents of Canada should carefully read the card holder agreements to learn more about its attitude to online gambling. If we will look at the five biggest Canadian banks we will see that the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), the Toronto-Dominion Bank and the Bank of Nova Scotia, all reserve the right to block the transitions to online casinos or even suspend the account. Only in case of the Bank of Montreal (BOM) nothing is said that the internet gambling transactions will be blocked.
In such Canadian provinces as British Columbia, Quebec and Ontario online casinos are officially legalized. But nevertheless be ready that your bank will charge you additional cash advance fees when you make deposits to province-run online gambling platforms.
In the United States where Nevada, Delaware, and New Jersey have already legalized online casinos, local banks are also unwilling to support gambling transactions and continue to follow the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (2006). Their unwillingness can be explained by the need to update all the MasterCard related policies and systems as well as by the fact that many customer disputes often arise with gambling transactions.
The United Kingdom players should keep in mind that gambling transactions are not allowed in the Citibank while the HSBC applies cash advance rates in case you use your MasterCard in money transfer to online casinos. In Australia and New Zealand it is the ANZ that extracts cash advance fees from gambling transactions while the Bank of Queensland blocks them altogether.
The MasterCard itself does not have anything against online casinos so that there is no point in contacting its customer service in case some problems arise with your transactions. You should rather immediately contact the customer support center of your online gambling platform whose employees will offer you some other way to efficiently withdraw your winnings.
In such situations, it is the lack of attention to the details in the cardholder agreement on the part of the customer that is to be blamed. That is why we recommend you to stay polite when communicating with the customer support employees. However, feel free to ask as many questions as needed about the MasterCard’s alternatives since these are your money at stake.
Among the alternatives to MasterCard available to Canadian and American gamblers we can mention such fast and easy payment methods as InstaDebit and iDebit. Neosurf and Paysafecard vouchers are another option if, while gambling, you do not want to spend more than a prepaid sum of money. However, when using PayPal casinos transactions can be blocked since this e-payment operator is suspicious about online gambling.
Types of MasterCards
There are several types of MasterCards:
- With credit cards players can make deposits with money borrowed from their banks.
- Debit cards allow for payments to online casinos to be made only from the player’s personal account.
- With prepaid cards you can make transactions only within the amount which you have paid beforehand. Using it you will avoid overspending and ensure better safety of banking details.
- You can also choose contactless gift cards by inserting them in your phone or using them at MasterCard terminals without having to enter your pin code.
How to Deposit with MasterCard?
To make an online casino deposit with MasterCard you should:
- Choose MasterCard among other brands offered;
- Create an account if it the first time you play at this casino;
- Visually find the payment section;
- Fill in personal data;
- Wait till the casino notifies you that your MasterCard transaction was successful.
How to Withdraw at MasterCard casinos?
To withdraw money using MasterCard you should choose it among the withdrawal methods at your casino website and wait until an online confirmation will appear. However, keep in mind that with MasterCard withdrawal of your casino winnings can turn to be problematic even if you succeeded to make a deposit using this method.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Using MasterCard for Casino Deposits
✔ With MasterCard gambling becomes much safer. How about the credit card with fingerprint sensor? This online payment method significantly decreases the risk that your money would be stolen.
✔ By using MasterCard casino deposit can make an online loan and repay it afterward.
✔ With MasterCard gambling deposit can be made in an easy and fast way. You do not have to enter your card number every time you need to make a transaction. Online casinos will automatically remember your MasterCard details.
✘ Since, when using this payment method, you can play with money borrowed from your bank, this precisely the reason why at MasterCard online casinos you risk overspending.
✘ Another disadvantage is that when online casinos that accept MasterCard are hacked all the banking details are revealed.
- Is MasterCard safe enough to be used in casinos?
- If safety is the number one priority for you then choose those casino sites that accept MasterCard.
- Are there any extra fees to be paid?
- With MasterCard you do not have to pay any extra fees apart from those applied by your bank and online casino.
- What are some alternative payment methods to MasterCard?
- Apart from MasterCard online casino platforms accept a variety of other payment methods. Among those which have recently become popular among the online users are iDebit and InstaDebit. With Visa casino players can make fast and secure transactions all around the world. These are also Amex casinos that offer a high degree of safety for their users.
- Do casinos accept prepaid MasterCard?
- Prepaid MasterCard is a viable option to make deposits in online casinos since you will ensure a better safety of your banking details and avoid overspending.
- What are some of the top MasterCard casinos?
- Among the best MasterCard casinos are Jackpot City, Spin Palace and Betway.